About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trying to get my "sexy" back! (MOM remembering her women side)

I had a little bit of a "down day" yesterday so I decide this morning I was going to do my hair, put on make-up and put on a dress, even though I didn't really have anything to do today. I really think deciding to do this changed my mood (for the better), and I ended up having positive things happen. I had a query (for my writing) accepted, had a TimHorton's gift card, that I won, arrive in the mail today, and enjoyed a nice muffin with Mateo, plus it was a sunny day.
Although in my attempt to "look good" today to "feel good", my sexy attempts were a little bit of a miss. I decided if I was really going to look good, I was going to go all out, which meant putting on the sexy undergarments too, not my comfortable left over from my pregnancy undergarments (can't believe I am admitting this). Please don't get me wrong I was still appropriately dressed for my age and as a mother, as it wasn't short or revealing (well so I thought).
While pushing a stroller, and of course trying to carry a diaper bag and my coffee (essential), you don't think about not having enough hands free to deal with the "unexpected" wardrobe malfunctions.  In a gust of wind where I could not hold down my dress, I let everyone know I was bringing the sexy back into my mommy look, something I wasn't planning on sharing. If you don't understand what I am saying, well I may of been flashing my Hanky Panky (actual name of undergarments) to the public.
All and all I think I am really going to focus on doing little things, from now on , for myself, but maybe with a slight modification to avoid embarrassment. Can any other mothers relate with attempts to do things, in order to remember you still got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment