About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Friday, July 9, 2010

Sleep deprived and perfection.

So as I mentioned Mateo was in daycare for the first time from Monday - Wednesday and it was the hardest days of my life. Yesterday and today I didn't work but what I did get was a teething baby, with his third tooth making an appearance and one on the way. Also Mateo seems to have gotten the cold that was going around the daycare infant room (super!). So far daycare hasn't won me over, and I had to rush out of the centre one time so they wouldn't see me cry when my son went easily to one of the workers' arms (his favourite person) and gave her a big huge and she said, "oh my cuddle bunny" (I just wanted to rip him away from her and say his hugs are meant for me, and maybe the lady I give my approval for him to marry, if any women). So between the stress, his crying from teething and my crying  I haven't gotten any sleep these past few days, hence my lack of writing.
Also I really want to vamp my skills in writing to really give freelance writing a good go, but finding it very touch when all I want to do is sit on my couch and have a glass of wine, or sleep. Which makes me think of the card my husband got me for my first mother's day, which said "Super hero mom", and feeling like I don't hold that title.
Also finding it quit frustrating and disappointing when I go to open my work email and not finding a  response to a lot of my queries.
So do men put themselves under this much pressure all the time, to measure up to some kind of success, or to being the greatest dad, or is it just women with this crazy notion of what they should be like or how things should be?
Just breath, relax and everything will work out, is what I keep telling myself, and that I am doing the best that I can. Especially this month with a child who is sick and grumpy and I have my husband's birthday this weekend and then Mateo's next weekend and the weekend after that (yes two first birthdays for Mateo). So if I don't have an ulcer trying to make everything perfect, I will tell you how everything went.

No comments:

Post a Comment