About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A year has past!

On Sunday July 18th my baby boy Mateo turned one year old, and the realizatiion of how fast time passes really hit me. Being grumpy, he had to be rocked to sleep but I didn't mind this time, because soon enough he won't want me to rock him, and I will not have this little warm bundle close to my heart. I already miss when he was born and he always fell asleep on my chest or in my arms.
There were and still are a lot of sleepless nights, spit ups, pee and poo accidents and a whole lot of learning. The teething, that started April 12th is probably one of the worst experiences for him and for us because we try to help the the pain as much as possible, but you feel helpless. With every pain he incures I always wish I could take it away or go through it for him. There were also some amazing moments like starting to crawl, or him finding his voice, even if it is just gibrish. His laugh and smiles are infectious, because he has one of those smiles that light up everything and you can tell he is smiling just with his eyes.
I would have to say I would never want to quit this job, because I think being a mom has been the most rewarding experience, to feel this much love for someone, is the best feeling and so unexplainable.
This was a year that my husband and I will never forget and has made us feel like the happiest and luckiest people on earth, because we were given Mateo. We look forward to the next years of Mateo's life.
We also want to thank all the family and friends who have helped us through this first year, as we learn to be parents and try to the best things for our little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment