About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Monday, April 19, 2010

Making a living...motherhood and trying to start a business...does it work?

Well I started this blog to write about becoming a first time mom and all of its adventures. Right now money is my biggest issue and I am sure it is for many other families. Before having our first child we had just moved out to the country and built our first home so I took the first job I could get, which was not my career choice and it was only part time. I did go to business school and I have always had a million ideas and I know I will not be happy until I work for myself.
Currently I am still on maternity leave and just trying to stay a float. Yes my husband works but we both need to make a living to keep our house running and provide a future for our little guy. So, focusing on starting a business right now seems a little crazy but I know I have always been a hard worker so I will try very hard to succeed .
I have two things I am trying to get off the ground, a website and trying to get some children's books I have written published...I will keep you posted on both.
For now I hope everyone reads on how I am trying to juggle motherhood and trying to make my entrepreneurial dreams come true. I will post any resources and things that work for me, for those trying to take on the same things as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment