About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mom not in control!

Letting go of the control! A couple of days ago I was unable to take the day off to bring Mateo in to get his shots and bring the dog to the vet, two things I have always done in my household. Therefore my husband took half the day off and had to play my role. I did ask him to do a blog post about his experience but he was too chicken.
Now I started off this post with "Letting go of the control!" because I had to, because even though I repeated what to say to the doctor and the vet about a thousand times to my husband, I just had to let happen, happen. If the questions didn't get answered, or things didn't get done the way I would of done them, then I would just have to live with that, and know everything would be ok. This is not an easy task for me, because I like getting everything checked off, and I like things done a certain way, because I just think they are the right way to do things and they make sense to  me.
Luckily I was too tired and didn't even think about certain things, like Mateo getting an afternoon nap, or his bottles; getting all the questions answered from the vet, so I didn't have to make another appointment (which is way too expensive). If I had thought of all these additional things, I would of driven myself crazy.
All and all my husband did a fantastic job, like the great dad he is, and everyone survived so I think this was a really good test for me as a mom, in order to relax a little and maybe even get some sanity back (wouldn't that be nice?)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I feel the same way (new mom also). It has been hard to let go of the control but over time and different tests I know it will get easier. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, thanks for not making me feel like the only crazy mom out there! Also I went on your blog, and now a follower, I like the money saving tips, thanks!

    ReplyDelete