About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hetic and b******* about it

Wow I just read some of my past post and looking back, they seem as frantic and all over place as I feel sometimes. As I am coming off a 6 day work week, I realize my day off is really not a day off anymore.

Sundays are my day to clean, catch up on anything I had left to do during the week, because I never like to leave anything unfinished, and make a bunch of meals for the week. So I ask you, does that seem like a day off?
The following week is going to be very tiring, with working the local elections polling station on Monday night and Soccer Tuesday night and of course my regular job during the week, I am really not looking forward to this week.
Now I love to make sure my son and husband get a proper meal, and that is why I cook so much on a Sunday, but in watching a recent episode of "Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood" I felt put to shame. Tori making special treats for her son's birthday, and the show makes it seems like when they are around the kids they never just watch tv, but rather they are always playing with their kids. I just keep saying, well they do have a nanny, and I think they have more free time then I do right? Sorry to say but I am tired in the evening, and I do spend time with Mateo but sometimes the couch is calling my name and the tv is saying "watch me, watch me" and then I just want to zone out for an hour and watch bad, useless television. Also I am running out of activities for a whole day, with a 15 month old, too young for crafts as he doesn't have the patience for them, playdo doesn't entertain or interest my kid, and it is getting too cold to play outside, so really what do you do to entertain them at this age? I feel bad, that he just walks around the house, playing with his toys, and I am not good at faking interest in children's toys, so what I am doing wrong, that other mother's are doing right with their children?
Anyways I wish everyone a good week next week and hope everyone is ready for Halloween! (I just remembered that is next weekend, oh well guess I can find a day to relax when Mateo is in college).

No comments:

Post a Comment