About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Making a change and the pressure

Yesterday was Mateo's last day at the facility daycare and Monday is the move to the home daycare. It was a sad day with his current caregivers, but I keep telling myself it is the best thing right now.

There is still a lot of pros and cons to this decision, money savings being the biggest pro and the lady that runs the home daycare is going to be great for TLC and Mateo when I can't be around. Although still a lot of debate about the educational/learning side to home daycare vs a facility (or structured) daycare. We decided maybe when Mateo is a little older we may put him back in a structured daycare, for when they add a more classroom environment for him.
In the back of my mind though it always lingering those horrible stories involving some babysitter or a home daycare, but I was referred to this daycare by a co-worker who also uses this home daycare, and they have been around for a long time, I say all this because I need to keep reminding myself I am doing a good thing and I have chosen well.
I just feel overwhelmed with every decision I make because I hope that I am not hindering anything for his future.
There is a lot of articles out there that have checklists on when deciding on a daycare, and believe me I have done them, but when it comes down to it I think I have to go with my gut and trying out more than one maybe, (like I have already done before maybe this move) to see what you feel comfortable with.

On top of this, I am still dealing with finding another family doctor because ours retired. So Mateo is not getting regular checkups, of course he still gets vaccinations from our health unit. Now I have to make it my mission to make sure his health is never effected by any of this which is also a lot of pressure. I might have to see about getting a paediatrician in Toronto to see Mateo for regular check-ups until we can get a family doctor in our area. Of course I read a lot of books and make sure he is where he is suppose to be in development.
All these pressures, always makes you think, that when you go after a job in the workforce you have to exhibit qualifications for that job, but what makes anyone qualified to be a mother? As we don't have to exhibit an educational background in motherhood or have any prior experience, yet it is one of the hardest jobs? This is just food for thought I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment