About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Monday, October 18, 2010

Vegetarian amongst the carnivores

My son has always been an excellent eater, but I think he may be going vegetarian on us. I buy hormone free meat and the last two times I made meat, roasted chicken last night, and a roast last week he only ate the vegetables or starches. I hope this is just a phase, because I would have to make sure he is getting sufficient iron, and we are fans of tofu but protein alternatives are not a big part of my regular cooking repertoire. I guess this is going to be another learning experience for me, ah motherhood is filled with them. Atleast I currently follow vegetarian moms on Twitter @vegetrianmom, so I will look to my mom network for advise.
I know parents always complain about fussy eaters, but I always try to not introduce foods that I don't want him to eat, so he doesn't acquire a taste for it, like white bread, white sugar, etc. I am hoping never having food that is not good for him, means he doesn't crave those things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment