About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Monday, February 7, 2011

Momaboard.com

I was told about this new site called Momaboard.com, and also asked to review it (I am saying this up front, in full disclosure), but I am not receiving anything for doing this, but decided upon using the site that I would gladly review it. This site was created as a social networking site for parents who travel with their children, which is something I hope to do more of with my own. I have went to South America when Mateo was six months, and have some trips to the United States planned next summer as well. So I thought I would check out this site, for trips and tricks to make travelling as painless as possible.

Now I do think this site will continue to grow and improve, so I believe you should really continue to come back and monitor this site. It does seem to have some formatting issues, depending on the browser you view it in.

When I started to look into the site, I realized it could be helpful for even weekend trips to family members' house. As anyone with young children will tell you, even one night away from home could seem like a week away, because of everything you have to pack, and the preparation for making this as smooth as possible from the comforts of home to someone else's house.

The question then I needed some answers to, was in regards to trying to get Mateo to sleep, as well as he does at home in his crib, when we travel. So I decided to create that as a discussion question under forums under the "rant and rave" section, and I did have some replies, but will continue to track the discussion for helpful advice. I will try to also write what has worked, failed or just started to change for Mateo (if it is just an age thing).
So check out Momaboard.com and follow the progress, even join in the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment