About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mateo is talking, and I want to help develop his speech (or do I?, just kidding)

So it has been awhile since I have written and it was because I have been busy trying to get in touch with the right people to get my career path back on track. It is tough after taking time off to move, build your house and have your first kid, but I always knew that having a child would throw you a curve ball, but a path not regrettably taken.
Anyways Mateo is starting to put words together.  BUT did he have to learn first, " I want that" and of course "what's that?". We keep emphasizing patience and manners, and keep reminding ourselves of patience as well. As his speech is developing, I decided to see if there was anything I could do to help him develop his voice or vocabulary (not the tantrums though, as those are rearing their ugly head too.)
Now I did find a site called the babycenter  website which I believe outlined well the typical stages of speech to expect. I was pleasantly surprised Mateo was right on track.  I am still amazed on how much they understand even if they aren't able to vocalize their demands as well.
The recommendations for parents to help with speech development from the babycenter site, were interesting. The recommendations include Talk, Read, and Listen, which is simple and all make sense. Although my crazy kid does not have the patience to sit still, or may not even want to sit through reading a book, but would rather just flip through the pages himself. Also funny enough all the tips to help encourage proper speech development also require the number one skill a parent needs, that I mentioned before ......PATIENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment