About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Monday, June 6, 2011

More menu ideas

OK so today was my first day at a new full time job that I commute to, yes I am a horrible mom who decided our family could use the money and I needed the career. I know a lot of moms would say I should be at home, and believe me I feel the guilt but If I don't do this now I will have what ifs and will have a tough time getting back into the field later. As I said though in a recent tweet why is it when you are away from your child that you see so many cute babies around? If there are other career moms out there that mostly spend weekends with their children any words of encouragement? Tell me my kid won't grow up to do drugs or go down the wrong path in life (man I was a goody goody growing up).
Anyways after all that, for those busy moms and dads here are some more nutritional meal ideas, so you can make your shopping list and get cooking this weekend for the week. This is really everything I made,  even have more in my freezer, enough for two weeks.
MONDAY  Eggplant Parmesan
TUESDAY Chicken Quesidillas (sorry about the spelling)
WEDNESDAY Lasagna (with homemade sauce and whole wheat pasta of course
THURSDAY Sheppards Pie (with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes and ground turkey instead of ground beef)
FRIDAY Pork Fried Rice (provided recipe link in an earlier post)

No comments:

Post a Comment