About Me

My photo
We are a community group for mothers, currently in the Orillia to Gravenhurst, Ontario area, we focus on food, nutrition and health for our family. We draw on expert knowledge such as naturopaths, but best of all we learn and share knowledge from fellow mothers. Even if you have never cooked before we can help you get started. We want to encourage moms to cook and learn the importance of what they put on the table. We are REALISTIC and STRIVE to make a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone, through education. Membership is FREE so sign up to follow us today! We work together to share knowledge of everything from recipes, nutrition, to how to plan ahead. We offer something for every lifestyle, from just the basics of cooking, spaghetti and pizza, to people looking to learn something new about nutrition, organics or even raw cooking. Never cooked before, let us help you get started, we offer some basic cooking lessons from a mom, to help get you started and then this group will help keep you going for a lifetime of providing healthy and nutritious meals for your family. We offer: Workshops, share recipes, and fun get togethers.
FREE Shipping on all orders of $99 or more. Valid 10.15.12 - 10.31.12

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Playgroups to baby sign language class and whats next!

I can't believe I completely forgot to blog yesterday because I don't normally forget to do things. I did have a busy day yesterday with Mateo. We had our playgroup in the morning and then I went to the park for about 45 minutes and then it was off to his baby sign language class. I was waiting for the melt down from Mateo but he was alright, maybe it was because I had a lot of food for him, which always keeps him happy.

I am trying to get as much time with Mateo this month as possible, that is why I signed him up for baby sign language class, because I start work soon (next month) and I want to get a lot of time in with him. I will miss my Monday playgroup but I will try to make plans with the kids and parents from this group for Thursdays or Fridays when I am off. I don't want to stop getting to know people in my little town just when I started to get to know them.
I am not all convinced about baby sign language, because I think he will probably start talking before I really use baby signing on a regular bases, but I thought it was another opportunity for him to be around other kids. Just before I started the class though another mother somewhat scared me, because she thinks her kids speech is delayed because of baby signing (even though they say it doesn't). But with my parents' being Spanish, and the amount of talking they do, I don't think Mateo will have problems learning to speak, unless they don't let him get a word in.
No playgroups or classes today, just trying to do some research on topics of interest and I think a lot of outdoor time today from walking to watering the garden (if the bugs don't scare me away).

I am also rereading this book again: Basic Black: The Essential Guide for Getting Ahead at Work (and in Life). I find it to be very motivational as a working mom and just as a women. So I encourage others to read it too.
Tomorrow's post will be the information I promised about  what the bank offers to moms starting a business (well for anyone really). Involves comparing different banks and how to use these services to your best advantage, and more importantly using them because they are free!
Enjoy your day, and I hope everyone has a tantrum, cry less, painless day!

No comments:

Post a Comment